It's said that if monkeys hack long enough on a typewriter, than they will inexorably end up writing something that makes sense.
Let's see if this is also true for scientists...



Sunday 24 March 2013

The paradox of religions


Most new religions are created by persons who did not simply and blindly believe the precepts of their current religion. Rather, they spend much time and effort searching, questioning and meditating (on the human condition, existing religious customs, the mind, thoughts etc). This quest leads to a spiritual mystical experience, profound happiness and peace. Instead of concluding that searching, questioning and meditating leads to god, happiness and peace, the mystical experience is (poorly) translated into yet another religious framework, and followers are told to simply and blindly believe – or face hell and death.

“Seek me. Don’t stop until you find me. When you find me you will be disturbed; and when you are disturbed you will rule. And when you rule, you will rest.
Don’t look for me in the sky. Don’t seek me in the ocean. I am inside you and outside you.
I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attains.
Split a piece of wood: I am there. Lift up the stone and you will find me there.
One who seeks will find, and for one who knocks will be opened.”
(compiled & streamlined from a number of Gospels, including Gospel of Mary, Thomas, Q. see the Complete Gospels, edited by Robert J Miller)

No comments: